Treasure Coast Hospice is proud to be a certified Level Five We Honor Veterans Partner with Veterans Affairs and other veterans organizations. This partnership demonstrates our commitment to providing quality care and services to veterans and their families in our communities.
We are honored to care for veterans with advanced illness, wherever they live - in their family homes, assisted living residences, skilled nursing facilities or hospitals.
To learn more about the We Honor Veterans program, please click here.
- Veteran to Veteran Patient Visits
- Veteran Honoring ceremonies individual and group
- Veteran Presidential Certificate application assistance
- Community Veteran Events
- Veteran-Hospice Partnerships
- Veteran Resources - From Veterans Affairs
- Veteran Benefits Education
Veteran Volunteer Program
Our Veteran Volunteer Program pairs recruited Veteran Volunteers with hospice patients who have been identified as veterans. Once paired with hospice patients who also have military experience, Veteran Volunteers have the unique ability to relate and connect with each patient, thereby creating an environment where life reflection and healing may occur.
Veteran Pinning Ceremony
A Veteran Pinning Ceremony is an opportunity to publicly acknowledge the military service and sacrifices made by the veteran and his/her family. The ceremony, conducted by a Veteran Volunteer, honors and recognizes a hospice patient’s service to our country and helps them and their loved ones find closure and peace at the end of life.
Veteran Volunteer Dennis Diamond Describes the Impact of the Veterans Program
Veteran Volunteers are essential to the delivery of quality hospice care. Veterans are a part of a distinct culture with their own common language and experience. When Veterans interact, their common language and experience can form a strong and meaningful bond. The camaraderie created between veterans has proven to be supportive for all involved.
Veteran Volunteer Opportunities
- Visiting patients to reminisce and share military experiences and other life stories
- Educating and assisting patients in receiving veteran benefits
- Participating in veteran pinning ceremonies and other recognition events
- Host Veteran Cafe with veterans
- Red, White and Blue blanket or quilt maker
- Assist veterans with Legacy stories
Fill out our online form and start your volunteer journey today.